The Skegby Junior Academy Vision Statement
“We strive to provide an education that inspires the children to excel today so they can succeed in a challenging world tomorrow.”
The Skegby Junior Academy allows everyone to participate by:
- Providing a welcoming, safe, happy Academy where everyone is respected and listened to; an Academy where we take pride in ourselves and our achievements, enabling children to become confident and successful learners.
- Striving to be the hub of our local community and an integral part of our society; building and joining communities locally and beyond.
- Working closely with our parents, the Greenwood Dale Foundation Trust and the wider community in order to create effective partnerships in the education of our pupils.
The Skegby Junior Academy encourages everyone to excel by:
- Striving for the highest possible standards of achievement and behaviour in a stimulating environment.
- Providing a curriculum that values independence, creates a deeper level of learning and develops enquiring minds for lifelong learning.
- Striving to be a centre for truly excellent teachers, where quality leadership is supported and grown within.
- Valuing staff who are committed to their own learning journey and the sharing of quality practice.
The Skegby Junior Academy enables everyone to be proud of their achievements by:
- Encouraging everyone to do more than they thought they could.
- Developing a love of learning inspired by quality teaching and upholding our SMART values.
- Building and developing upon individual strengths and talents so that everyone has the opportunity to shine.